Pages

Monday, 24 December 2012

Raise your hand if you've ever been personally victimised by the BBC

To end all this Merlin spectacle that I've sold my heart and soul to for the past 4 years (I think), I'll just say that the final episode was the most beautiful thing in the history of ever. If you are ever planning to watch Merlin, don't go on reading, because there are spoilers.

Merlin didn't die. Gwen didn't die. She became the queen instead (not going into the equality of the sexes right now). I liked Gwen in this episode (did I just write that out in black and white?). Percy didn't die either. Or Leon. Or Kilgarragh. Or Gaius. But yeah, all the others pretty much did. Mordred. Morgana. Gwaine. I can't believe Eoin Macken decided to watch the episode, where his character's going to die, with his granny of all people!

I'm still so happy about it all ending this way, meaning that it was really really beautifully done as I was so afraid of the last episode being as bad as many others (because let's face it, this series has had some of the worst episodes in the history of ever as well). The magic reveal was flawless, absolutely flawless. Arthur's initial shock and disbelief and then acceptance. And honestly, Arthur's death was also flawless. Since he's the once and future king, he will rise again when his kingdom needs him and Merlin, even right now, is waiting for him on the shore of the lake where he sent the boat with his king's body. The end.

No comments: