Pages

Saturday, 1 December 2012

End Of Watch



This was easily the best film I've watched this year. You honestly can't say by watching the trailer, it basically has everything in it that I'm not a big fan of in a film - gang wars, swearing, violence, swearing... I think the word "fuck" was used like 5000 times or so. (I've not touched your fucking shit, man.) I wasn't expecting much and thought I won't like it, but they SO nailed it. Watch it. Honestly. It's funny and then it's sad. It's got a lot of love in it. It resembles a documentary but it's not. And then it's funny again and a bit more sad. It's sublime. I cried, hysterically. Gyllenhaal's smile is my undoing. Has been for years. I'm not saying it's a good film because I've seen almost all of Gyllenhaal's films (ok, all of his films of the past ten years and most of the older ones) and I'm slightly biased. No, the ratings are up, on flixster, on imdb, so it's not just me.

No comments: