Pages
Sunday, 9 December 2012
I've just seen Cloud Atlas. Wow. It was almost three hours long. And the only thing I understood while watching it was that I didn't understand a thing. But it was spectacular nevertheless, visually amazing, intriguing and fascinating. So it was the type of film you were watching without getting the plot but still enjoying quite a bit. I really really want it to win an Oscar in the make-up category if not in anything else, because the make-up was out of this world. There were like ten actors (whose acting was flawless) who each played like ten roles each and I learned only from the ending titles who played who, they were literally unrecognisable. I'm not talking about actors no-one knows but rather about Tom Hanks, Hugh Grant, Halle Berry, Hugo Weaving, Jim Sturgess and Susan Sarandon. Imagine not recognising them even though you've seen them in a number of films already. My final point being - I should have read the book before seeing the film...
My experience from last night's Cabaret was completely different. I didn't understand a thing there either, but it was quite spectacularly bad. Everything was sort of tentative, not good dance numbers whatsoever... I was actually considering leaving during the intermission and I never do that. But the milkshake we had during the intermission was worth not leaving :p So yeah, I saw it with my unimpressed face (shamelessly misquoting Bradley's twitter here), moving on, moving on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment