Pages

Sunday, 5 July 2009

25th Song Celebrations

This post is going to be thoroughly Estonian.



First the procession yesterday. It lasted for almost 5 hours, with 37,000 singers and dancers taking part.

This is how it began:



People from two very important places:





One of my fav folk costumes.



Some people had taken a hat with them :) You know who :)



Justament!



Some great ways to avoid walking and carrying the flag(s):











And then, out of nowhere... I was stunned to see them there, walking of all things. I really loved the fact that they did and without security walking right by their side. And I got a wave and a smile :p



On the song festival grounds - people, people, people and people - more than 100,000, including 25,000 singers. If anyone doubted whether our Song Celebrations are dying out, then here was the answer I guess, the greatest number of spectators during the re-independence time. I have never seen so many people before. Or some many Estonian flags :) Yes, at this point I really have to say this - It's great to be Estonian :)










4 comments:

Evu said...

Tore, et sa pilti tegid. Piltidelt tundub kõik sama võimas kui oligi :)

Arabella said...

:))

Anonymous said...

Mina isiklikult arvan, et pildi pealt seda tohutut rahvamassi ei tajugi nii hästi, kui ise seal sees olles. Saja tuhande inimesega üheshingata, sõnulseletamatu...

Arabella said...

Olen täiesti nõus :)