It would have been loads easier if I had actually followed the Les Mis drinking game of "drink every time somebody dies or somebody says the words 'barricades'". It would have worked so well! Maybe the film would have started making sense as well. So yes, I didn't like it. It had an almost perfect cast, it was beautifully filmed, it had many excellent shots, but I still didn't like it. I kept waiting for it to get better but it hardly did, people only kept dying. At some point I started playing the game of "spot a great actor" in my mind, it was pretty amusing because they had managed to include such a large number of well-known actors and actresses. It went sort of like that in more or less this order:
Oh Russell Crowe...
Is THAT Hugh Jackman?!? Huh, he looks old. But amazing.
Anne Hathaway! Go Anne. Anne, you look great with short hair. Don't die Anne. Uh, dead.
The one and only Helena Bonham Carter. Has she ever had a role where she looked like a normal person?!? Without her hair playing a major role?!? Oh, right, as Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother.
Is that. Is that Sacha Baron Cohen? Honestly. What else.
Mammmma Mia! Well, not literally. Just Amanda Seyfried. *pictures a Greek island and eternal sunshine in her head, it makes a VERY sharp contrast with the VERY filthy streets of Paris of the 19th century*
Eddddie Redmayne. Cool. I hope he won't die right away. He's rather rebellious. And suicidal. I loved him in the Pillars of the Earth.
Oh, that guy looks familiar. He looks SO familiar. What's his name!?! *Can't remember his name, but knows his face* Aaron Tveit...
More people die.
Some hours later - end of film.
All people in the cinema are crying. I'm sitting there like "meh". Let me repeat, it's ME who's sitting there like "meh" not even close to any kind of tears. Me who cried hysterically the first five times she watched Ashleigh and Pudsey's audition on Britain's Got Talent. Now I just know how to steel myself when the video comes on. And I spread the love a lot so I even can't tell how many times I've watched it. Ashleigh and Pudsey were at the NTAs last night as well doing Gangnam Style. But I still prefer their Flintstones routine, it was classic.
So yeah, smoothly from Les Mis to Ashleigh and Pudsey.
No comments:
Post a Comment