So, we had this training course on how to use databases (ESTER, ISE, EBSCOhost, Google Scholar and the like) and we had to make an e-book on a chosen topic where we made different searches in different databases, analysed them briefly and gave examples of the most relevant search results. The idea probably was to help our students who're writing their research papers right now (and I have FIVE doing research in COMPLETELY different fields, four of which I don't know anything about) and collect materials for their papers. Did I decide to collect materials on the difference between Estonian and British superstitions, on the series An Idiot Abroad (which I hate with passion), on the connections between Estonian and British ballroom dancing or on the different charities the players of Manchester United are involved in? Obviously not. I did research in, tadaaa, yes, you guessed it right, the legends of King Arthur. Or more precisely, in the places in Britain connected with King Arthur and the knights of the Round Table. I almost placed a boat on the title page, but then decided against it, because it would have been too heartbreaking, seeing that Glastonbury Tor did make it into one of the pictures. What else? I, very sneakily, sneaked in three YT links of Colin and Bradley's documentary The Real Merlin and Arthur. I feel like a dork. A major one. But happy with my subtlety nevertheless.
No comments:
Post a Comment