Pages
Tuesday, 2 December 2008
Ok, Markie, you can leave the hat on (maybe).
But But But this, the beginning, is freaking STUNNING. It gives me goosebumps, who would have thought he could sing like that?!? Geeh, stop messing with my head!!! It's as if listening to a river full of silk. Just thanks to The Garden I'll bravely not mind the fact that Mark has so many leads on this album (as I honestly like his voice the least, give or take some exceptions). For some reason he reminds me of Leonard Cohen here and yes, I know it's one of the most absurd parallels I could draw here as they aren't similar in any way.
So
And the fishermen came back across the water
And the people started running in the park
And the city stopped, as I held you in my arms
We could hear the sound of sirens all around us
And the scent of burning oil was in the air
And the music played
And it felt so good to hear
The rest of the song is ok, nothing too exceptional, maybe only Jay's part
There's a stranger on the hill and he is speaking
As the tear from every cloud begin to fall
For one moment then, we understood it all
And then Mark again
Then the crowd began to head for the horizon
A million people walking back to work
But you and me, we just lay down in the garden
Yeah you and me, we just lay down in the garden
How he says THE GAARDEN with his accent. Speechless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment