Pages

Thursday, 25 July 2013

Boscastle and Tintagel (July 6)

Boscastle welcomed us with a view like that. The sea had gone to a better place for a while.

And showed its almightiness (it's a word, I swear) there.
 

 
As a rule pretty little white houses serve cream tea!

Lots of it.

When it says "Pendragon gifts" you're not in Pierrefonds but in Tintagel. Not that either of the place has any actual connection with the Pendragons anyhow. In addition to the Sorting Hat I didn't buy from Leavesden I actually should have bought a plastic Excalibur from Tintagel and should have tried to get on board of the RyanAir flight back home claiming these two are a part of my attire and not hand luggage thankyouverymuch. It would have been a perfect Merlin/Harry Potter crossover not that I'm a fan of crossovers. I'm decidedly not. Ehh, I did buy a book on Arthurian legends from Glastonbury. Let the Lady of the Lake rejoice!

 The ruins of Tintagel Castle.

Merlin's cave. Poor Merlin!

Guess what - more views over the Atlantic aka mission impossible of getting the horizon horizontal.

I came back with about a thousand photos of the ocean. And no, they aren't all the same.



No comments: