No, not in the literal sense. This phrase just seems to be following me these past few days. First a someone doesn't know how to pronounce the word "pursuit" in the title of the song (cos it's much more interesting to read Viiding (a fact) or sit and do nothing on the first floor (a fact as well) than to be in an actual English lesson) and then another someone claims that in the title of the film The Pursuit of Happyness featuring Will Smith the word "happiness" is spelled "happyness". And yes it is, indeed it is. Interesting.
The low of the previous Saturday was somewhere around 10 am when it turned out that the computer really didn't manage to stream the livestream properly. Standing unhappily at the door, not knowing what to do, it was somewhat refreshing to hear a very strong swearword from the person standing next to me followed by a profound apology for swearing. I actually said that even if I didn't approve of the word, it summed up my feelings and the whole situation pretty precisely. Later everything turned out just fine, a very positive day :)
2 comments:
In The Pursuit of Happyness, the slogan is written on the wall of the house where Will Smith's character's son goes to daycare and he keeps telling the people there to correct it. Which they don't. In case you didn't know.
I haven't seen the film, but I did research on why it was misspelled :)
Post a Comment