Pages

Wednesday, 8 August 2012

here was a long post u didn't get to see

I've taken time to think and at this precise moment at 5 pm on a Wednesday things seem to be slightly clearer. At least the utter helplessness and agonising despair of two days ago has found its way to the back of my mind and doesn't relentlessly haunt my every thought. If I don't actually voice my biggest failures any more, then they are just lurking somewhere as a huge hazy ball of mist and I can deal with huge hazy balls of mist as long as they don't come and try to stifle me. Locking things up is unfortunately easier said than done. I suppose wording the most burning truths helped in some weird way to build the fence at least. I know the exact wording makes me a pathetic outcast in my eyes as well as in the society's eyes, so it's better not to have everything in clear and simple, black and white because it hurts too much. Now there's still the gate to build, but I don't think the gate will ever be strong enough and I just have to live with that. I guess I have to thank the long weekend for this unexpected sense of harsh clarity. Who knew what is related to what and how and what to make of everything. The rollercoaster of  feelings and realisations I didn't know could pile up as quickly as that, from a sense of pure elation and triumph to a downright scary panic attack, made me aware that even though life is hideously unfair, that even though I am not the person I want to be and will never become that person, that even though I am about as naive, clueless and foolish as can be, there might be something neutral in every bad because it puts thoughts into perspective and forces things to hit home whether you want them or not. What I learned long ago - the higher you are the higher is the drop. So it's just much better to shut things off and avoid the extremes. Reaching this tentatively peaceful state where I am now, almost at the end of the holidays, without any external aids, is an accomplishment in itself. Defining myself through myself only is the key and the thing to pursue.


No comments: